Quotes & Bookings
- We need at least a 3 weeks’ notice for bookings. However, you may check beforehand with us should you have any bookings less than 3 weeks, as there might be available spots. *Please note that there might be a penalty fee of 20% extra under some circumstances.
- Quote is valid for 2 weeks from the date given. Any changes in design, size or flavours may alter the initial quotes.
- Bookings without deposit are held for you for 2 weeks.
- House of Royal Velvet is not registered for GST and all quoted prices will be GST exclusive.
- Every effort will be made by House of Royal Velvet to fulfil the expectations of the client as understood from communications. However due to the subjectivity of the work there may be slight variations. Factors including but not limited supply availability, may result in design changes. Design changes are at the discretion of House of Royal Velvet.
- Any changes must be made no later than 3 weeks prior to the event date.
- Changes requested with less than 3 weeks until the event date cannot be guaranteed and may attract an additional cost.
- Any errors, corrections or updates to your order must be submitted in writing.
- A picture of your chosen design will be emailed to your after the deposit is received.
- Any figurines supplied for your cake, must be able to be easily attached to the top tier of your cake- preferably being able to stand alone, or with the aid of inbuilt supports.
- All items supplied for your cake, must be clearly marked with your names and wedding date.
- Any items which do not meet hygiene and safety requirement will be unable to be used.
Deposit and Terms of Payment
- To commence cake production we require a 50 % non-refundable deposit. No work is started until the deposit is received.
- The remaining balance is due and payable at least 2 weeks prior to collection or delivery.
- Payment can be made by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT), cash, or credit card (via Paypal). Please note that credit card (Paypal) payments attract a 2.3%.
- Cake orders placed with less than two weeks’ notice require payment in full at the time of ordering. Deposits are non-refundable.
- Date Changes must be submitted in writing and the new date is subject to our availability. A confirmation email will be sent.
Changes, Cancellations, Deposits & Refunds
- All requests to cancel or amend an existing order must be made in writing.
- Requests to alter quantities may attract additional costs.
- If you cancel your order prior to 6 weeks before the event date, 80% of the deposit will be refunded. If cancelled within the 6 week period before the event date, the entire deposit will be forfeited.
- Refunds will not be given to customers where they don’t like the taste. Taste is subjective and varies from individual to individual. Samples can be ordered for a fee if you are unsure about the taste of a cake. A refund will only be given where a cake is deemed not fit for consumption. Any amounts refunded will be determined on a case by case basis.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances preventing House of Royal Velvet from fulfilling the order agreed upon as stated in the contract, the customer is entitled to a full refund of the deposit and any money paid to date.
Special Dietary Requirement & Allergies
- Please note that products may contain or come into contact with dairy, wheat, nuts, soy, and other allergens.
- The client is responsible to inform their guests of any risks that may exist due to the presence of the above allergens.
- We provide tasting by appointment only. There is a fee for cake tasting (Please contact us for more information of flavours)
Pick up, Set up & Delivery
- Delivery fee will depend on the distance.
- Some cakes may need to be set up on the venue, such as macaron and cupcake towers, and multi-tiered cakes. This takes time and as such attracts a set up/handling fee on top of the delivery fee.
- Apart from wedding cakes, pick up is preferred and is by appointment only. Any requests for delivery need to be discussed in advance.
- Once your cake has been collected the client assumes all responsibility for the condition of the cake including the delivery.
- There is a standard hire period of 3 days.
- All stands hired will attract a fee; a refundable bond is also payable.
- The stand must be returned in its original condition for the full bond to be refunded. The bond will be reduced at the discretion of House of Royal Velvet to compensate for any damage done to the stand while in the possession of the client.
- An amount deducted will be the amount needed to restore the stand to its previous condition and may include the replacement of part or all of the stand.
- Fondant cakes should be stored at room temperature away from direct sunlight and heat.
- Cakes covered in buttercream should be refrigerated, especially in summer, and removed from the fridge 2 hours prior to consumption.
- A copy of the “Terms and Conditions (T&C’s)” will be provided to the client with the initial quote.
- Once the deposit has been received, the client agrees to comply with the full Terms and Conditions as set out above.
Changes to Terms and Conditions
- House of Royal Velvet reserves the right to change their terms and conditions at any time and without notice. The “T&C’s” will be published on our website and it is the client’s responsibility to read these conditions prior to ordering and placing a deposit.